My Thoughts Thursday: Rescue Me by Susan May Warren

10:36 AM


Rescue Me
by Susan May Warren

Back Cover...

When Deputy Sam Brooks commits to something, nothing can sway him--not just on the job as liaison between the Mercy Falls sheriff's department and PEAK Rescue, but in his private life. He's the one who stuck around to take care of his mother after his father's accidental death. And he's the one--perhaps the only one--who believes Sierra Rose is the perfect girl for him. Safe, practical, and organized, she's nothing like her hippie, impulsive, bleeding heart sister, Willow.

Willow, however, has been in love with Sam Brooks for as long as she can remember. But she wants her sister to have a happy ending. Besides, Willow has other things to focus on--namely, nabbing the job as youth pastor for her small-town church. Best thing for her to do is to purge Sam from her heart.

Neither can predict the events that will bring them together in a fight for their lives in the forbidding wilderness of Glacier National Park. Stranded, injured, and with the winter weather closing in, Sam and Willow will have to work together to save a crew of terrified teenagers. As they fight to survive, they might just discover a new hope for love.

Review...

Rescue Me by Susan May Warren is the third installment (Second full length book) in the Montana Rescue Series. I'm going to lead with this: This is a standalone book but do yourself a favor and read the novella and book 1 before attempting Rescue Me.

There are LOTS of characters in this book. In this series in fact. I personally like lots of characters, but it can be daunting especially when you are in book 3 and there is an expectation that these characters have already been introduced.

It's been a while since I've read a Susan May Warren series and I can't quite recall if her writing usually blends lots of stories simultaneously. Well she does and I love it. While Rescue Me's main storyline is centered around Willow and Sam, we also get a healthy dose of secondary characters Pete and Jess along with a few more budding storylines. I warned you there are LOTS of characters...lol. I wasn't a huge fan of hero Sam, but I enjoyed reading Willow's story and preferred Pete and Jess's story.

If you've already read the others in the series, storylines from those books have continued into this one (Sierra, Ian & Esme).

The plot moved quickly and I felt as if I was right there in the mountains and woods with the Rescue Team.

As I mentioned, Sam didn't interest me much and I was a little bored with him, but Willow was a joy to read and I love Pete's character.

If you are a fan of love and page turning "action" this series is a great pick-up. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Overall Rating - 4.0 Stars 

Other Book in Series...



You Might Also Like

0 comments